Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Hot Pot Buffet - Genting Highlands

 

At First World Hotel in Genting, within the indoor theme park, there is a Hot Pot buffet. I have always been a big fan of Hot Pot buffets and I decide to try it out.

The Hot Pot Buffet is not very expensive, at about RM$25 per person, it is not bad at all! However the following is what I encountered.

1) The Marinated meat does not look appealing at all. There is no beef or pork, just chicken and perhaps mutton.

2) The shrimps are constantly out. People wait when the shrimp is arriving and 3 persons can empty the tray.

3) The soup is tasteless. How can you fail at adding chicken cubes to water?

4) Fish and other ingredients is not fresh. You will know before you even cook it, it looks wrong.

5) Everything tastes... Wrong.



I picked a little of everything to try. And even when I did not have breakfast to have this lunch, I could not finish my first trial serving and I could not bear to stay for seconds.

The food was rather rancid and disgusting and I could not bear another minute there.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST. THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST HOT POT THAT EVER EXISTED!

Surprisingly I did not have diarrhea, but the bad lunch experience even make me skip dinner. I did not feel like eating anymore!

I don't understand how a place like this could exist and still have patrons!

Please don't go! Avoid it.

If I had 2 more hands, I'd give this place 4 thumbs down!

-- Reviewsguru

No comments: