Thursday, June 23, 2011

Green Lantern Movie Review.



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133985/

A test pilot is granted a mystical green ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe.

Director:
Martin Campbell
Writers:
Greg Berlanti (screenplay), Michael Green (screenplay), and 5 more credits »
Stars:
Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively and Peter Sarsgaard

From the trailers, I would never really want to watch this movie after the trailers, but as my friends want to go watch it, I decided to join them. As I've watched all the interesting movies in theaters, there was nothing else to watch.

Firstly, Green Lantern is not my favorite comic book hero, nor is Ryan Reynolds my favorite movie star.

As I've watched Thor not too long ago, I felt that the story was quite similar... After all, its a comic book adaptation.

Green Lantern is an annoying super hero, I felt that the explanation on the powers of the superheros, it did a slightly better job of saying that they heros are powered by "Will" and the enemy is powered by "Fear" instead of "Green" and "Yellow"

Its a fun movie, the effects are pretty ok and the story was fun and enjoyable as long as you do not over analyze the movie.

Caution:

1) Do not watch this movie with critics... They will nag all the way home and argue in the car.
2) Do not watch this movie with nerds... They will try to analyze the science and somehow try to justify a comic??
3) The purple alien is naked under the "Green Lantern Suit" so when he dies, he dies naked.

Throughout the movie, you see that Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) is simply an annoying prick. Not sure if there was much character development or anything at all, and everything seems pretty predictable.

Not much plot, no imagination, sucky story.

Avoid it and watch it when it comes out on TV.

Even when I watched it with discounted tickets, I felt it was a waste of money.

Overall: 3.5/10

-- Robin Low

2 comments:

Happy walker said...

nice movie la the Green Lantern~~ =D

Regards,
MrLonely from http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ~ =Dm

Iron Bowl said...

I liked it.

Many other movie reviews hates it!

But I would say, I'm a geek and love comic books, so if anyone is mainstream, wait for the DVD...