Saturday, July 20, 2013

R.I.P.D. Movie Review


Yes, the R.I.P.D. 


This is a Supernatural Comedy based on the comic with the same title. It stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges. (Also James Hong and Marisa Miller as their avatars.)


From the trailer, you pretty much can tell a lot about the movie. Ryan Reynolds is a veteran cop, killed by his partner and joined R.I.P.D. to hunt renegade souls. Jeff Bridges is assigned as his partner, and they get involved in a bigger plot that Kevin Bacon was planning, to release all the souls on earth to bring fourth the Armageddon.

I could see that Jeff Bridges's character, the lawman from the old west who keeps talking about his death and how coyotes ate his face instead of having a proper funeral, can be pretty annoying, but I do find a lot of the interactions pretty hilarious as well.

This was an ok movie. Plot was very straightforward and simple, and the action scenes are pretty ok. But as a resident of Boston, you can identify a lot of the movie and where it was shot at, and there was actually great fun trying to figure out where the location was.

I like the movie overall, and not sure if I would pay extra for 3D, but I'd recommend it if you like Boston.

Overall - 6.5/10

-- Robin Low

No comments: